Urology is the medical specialty dedicated to the diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of male and female urinary tract and male genital tract.
Robotic surgery is most commonly used in urology. Nowadays, various urologic interventions use robotic surgery, especially in oncologic patients.
The main urologic interventions, which can be performed with robotic surgery in Hospital da Luz Lisboa are:
- Radical Prostatectomy for prostate cancer treatment
- Partial nephrectomy for well delimitated and localized kidney cancer
- Radical cystectomy for bladder cancer treatment
- Pyeloplasty for urethral-pelvic obstruction
- Radical nephrectomy for kidney cancer treatment
- Nephro-ureterectomy in upper urothelial carcinoma
- Pelvic lymphadenectomy
- Adrenalectomy for adrenal tumors treatment
Coordination in the Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center for the area of Urology:
Dr. Kris Maes