Center of Child and Adolescent Neurodevelopment and Behavior
In children, developmental and behavioral disorders have a high incidence (estimated to occur in 15 to 18% of the child population), being one of the more frequent causes of pediatric morbidity.
A higher level of public awareness of the importance of developmental disorders and their impact in the future life of children, as well as inclusive policies and scientific advances in the area of neurosciences, has all supported Child Developmental as a primary area in pediatric health care.
The Center of Child and Adolescent Neurodevelopment and Behavior at Hospital da Luz Lisboa offers a multidisciplinary team of specialized physicians and technicians, with a model of service focused on the child and family. The center is focused on diagnostic investigation, evaluation and intervention in children with developmental disorders or those at risk, namely:
- Children with mental incapacity
- Children with autism spectrum disorders
- Children with hyperactivity and attention deficit
- Children with language and communication disorders
- Children with learning difficulties
- Children with emotional and psychoaffectional disorders
- Children with behavioral disturbances
- Children with difficulty in daily activities (sleep, eating and autonomy alterations)
- High-risk newborns
The Center of Child and Adolescent Neurodevelopment and Behavior develops other activities, including participation in investigation projects, testing and development of evaluation and intervention tools, orientation of academic and professional traineeships, and education of parents and teachers.
- Dr.ª Luísa Teles (Pediatria do desenvolvimento)
- Dr.ª Bárbara Salgueiro (Pediatria do desenvolvimento)
- Dr.ª Rita Lopes da Silva (Neuropediatria)
- Dr. Fernando Santos (Pedopsiquiatria)
Address and contcts:
Avenida Sidónio Pais, 18, Cave Esqª
T +351 217 104 592
F +351 217 104 570
Dra. Luisa Teles