The Women’s Hospital is dedicated to all aspects of a woman's health at all stages of her life.
The Women’s Hospital was designed to be the ideal place for women to manage their health. The services combine Gynecology-Obstetrics and General Medicine to provide a comprehensive health management approach for women. Doctors from all specialist areas contribute to the ability of the Women’s Hospital to treat conditions that may or may not be related to reproductive health.
The Women's Hospital offers the following types of services:
- Various types of consults, ranging from general Gynecology-Obstetrics appointments to appointments for dealing with specific problems.
- A 24-hour Emergency Service for Gynecology-Obstetrics available 365 days a year.
- A modern, complete childbirth ward.
- Capacity to provide safe pregnancy surveillance, both in normal and at risk situations, including services from the High Risk Obstetric Center and the Prenatal Diagnosis Center.
- Capacity to provide complete surveillance of women’s health at other stages of their lives, including screening for oncological diseases and surveillance of menopause.
- Vast experience in conventional gynecologic, hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgery.
The principal activity of the Women’s Hospital remains the safety of mothers and newborn babies. For this reason, the Women’s Hospital maintains a clinical body with recognized experience in addtion to offering technological resources that are some of most advanced in the world. These attributes along with the exceptional physical conditions of the Hospital contribute to our patients feeling safe and confident about the care they will receive. Please see Maternity Services to learn more about the care provided to mothers and babies at the Hospital da Luz Lisboa.
Clinical safety at the Women's Hospital is supported by the following general hospital services:
- An Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, and Neonatal Special Care Unit available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Availability of clinical staff from various medical specialist areas whenever necessary.
- Specific services that complement many interventions, for example, Diagnostic Imaging, the Blood Service, the Operating Block, the Laboratory for Clinical Analysis and many others.
As with the rest of the Hospital da Luz Lisboa, the area reserved for the Women’s Hospital offers a feeling of comfort. With ample, pleasant spaces and quality services, the goal is to see that patients do not feel like they are in a hospital, but rather, in a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere where they can be treated.
The Women’s Hospital is located on the Level 1 with access via the Main Entrance or from the car park through lift group B. To find a doctor, request an appointment, or view the available services, please see Obstetrics-Gynecology.