The pharmaceutical team at the Hospital da Luz Lisboa stands out for its technical competence, experience and dedication. All members share the institution's values, are patient-focused and strongly committed to improvement.
The hospital's pharmacists are highly-qualified both technically and scientifically, part of a multidisciplinary team of health professionals who are working to achieve the best therapeutic results while ensuring patient safety.
What do they do?
- They are involved in the selection of medicines used at the hospital
- They advise doctors and nurses on how best to administer them
- They analyze and match medication to hospital in-patients
- They prepare sterile medicines using specific techniques and conditions
- They prepare nutrition for newborn babies
- They provide information on medicines to in-patients, particularly new mothers
- They dispense medicines and provide information to out-patients