Luz Saúde was established in 2000 and is one of the largest health care groups in terms of income operating in the Portuguese market.
The group provides its services through 24 units (including eleven private hospitals, a hospital of the national health service operated under the Public-Private Partnership program, ten private outpatient clinics and two senior residences), located in the North, Central and Central-South regions of Portugal Continental and in Madeira.
On February 2014, Luz Saúde became the first private company in the health sector publicly listed.
On October 2014, the Portuguese insurer Fidelidade became the majority shareholder of the company, owning 98,78% of the shares of Luz Saúde.
The principal strategic orientations of Luz Saúde include:
- Creation of an integrated network of healthcare providers that incorporates hospitals, outpatient clinics and residential healthcare facilities.
- Establishment of partnerships with the public sector through the Public-Private Partnership programme.
- Creation of specially designed residences for seniors - senior residences with services.
LUZ SAÚDE UNITS
- Luz Saúde
- Hospital da Luz Arrábida
- Hospital da Luz Aveiro
- Hospital da Luz Guimarães
- Hospital da Luz Lisboa
- Hospital da Luz Póvoa de Varzim
- Hospital da Luz Setúbal
- Hospital da Misericórdia de Évora
- Hospital da Luz Clínica de Águeda
- Hospital da Luz Clínica da Amadora
- Hospital da Luz Clínica de Amarante
- Hospital da Luz Clínica de Cerveira
- Hospital da Luz Clínica de Oeiras
- Hospital da Luz Clínica de Oiã
- Hospital da Luz Clínica do Porto
- Hospital da Luz Clínica de Vila Real
- Hospital do Mar Cuidados Especializados Gaia
- Hospital do Mar Cuidados Especializados Lisboa
- Casas da Cidade Carnaxide
- Casas da Cidade Lisboa
- Hospital Beatriz Ângelo
- British Hospital Torres de Lisboa
- British Hospital Saldanha Microcular
- Clínica de Santa Catarina
- Policlínica do Caniço