Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Unit
The Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Unit of Hospital da Luz Arrábida offers differentiated and multidisciplinary healthcare to patients in the area of skin cancer.
Skin cancer is the more frequent malignant neoplasia in the European population. In the latest decades, the incidence of the several types of skin cancer has significantly increased, mostly due to behavioural changes concerning sun exposure.
Hospital da Luz Arrábida offers now to its patients the Unit of Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment, with the purpose of providing differentiated and multidisciplinary healthcare in the area of skin oncology.
When to use the Unit of Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment?
If early diagnosed, most skin tumors are curable. Thus, prevention and early diagnosis are essential. It is important to recognize the warning signs to be able to consult a physician in time.
- Presence of multiple moles – screening with computed digital dermoscopy (imaging auxiliary diagnostic exam) with the purpose of detecting early alterations
- Moles with alteration in form, size or color
- Ulcerative cutaneous lesions that do not cicatrize, recurrently covered by crust
- Surgical treatment of skin cancer
- Clinical monitoring after skin cancer diagnosis
- Oncologic evaluation after skin cancer diagnosis
Medical Team of the Unit of Skin Care Diagnosis and Treatment
- Screening and diagnosis of suspicious cutaneous lesions
- Computed digital dermoscopy
- Cutaneous biopsy
- Surgical excision
- Monitoring of patients with skin cancer diagnosis
- Differentiated oncologic treatment of advanced cases of skin cancer
- Surgical treatment of advanced cases of skin cancer
- Search for sentinel nodes in the staging of skin cancer
- Imaging exams in the staging of advanced cases of skin cancer