The Center for Sports Medicine at the Hospital da Luz Lisboa manages care for all types of athletes.
From recreational to high competition sports, the Center of Sports Medicine at the Hospital da Luz Lisboa offers an integrated and comprehensive approach for all athletes, regardless of their age, or amateur or professional status.
Dedicated to the prevention and treatment of problems associated with the practice of any physical activity or sport, this Center aims to contribute to the promotion of health and well-being of all athletes, helping them to feel more secure in their physical ability to strive for their highest performance.
The professional team of the Center for Sports Medicine includes physicians, physiotherapists, and nutritionists, working in an integrated manner and according to the specific needs of each case. The Center also has all the technological and physical resources necessary to achieve excellence in the care provided. Among the resources available at the Center for Sports Medicine at the Hospital da Luz Lisboa include:
- An Imaging Center, equipped with modern diagnostic tools.
- A Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation able to respond to any need for recovery.
- A Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology with experienced professionals devoted to the sports traumatology.
The Center for Sports Medicine offers a multidisciplinary response:
- Medical evaluation and counseling for exercise programs or sports practice
- Evaluation of the performance capacity of athletes linked to the physiological response to physical stress
- Evaluation and counseling for sports nutrition
- Diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of injuries and diseases related to sports.
Rehabilitation resulting from sports injuries.
The Center for Sports Medicine at the Hospital da Luz stands out from similar services because of its experienced team, the availability of the latest technology, and the convenience and comfort of the physical space. To view the physician list, services or request an appointment online, see Orthopedics or Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Coordination of the Center for Sports Medicine:
Dr. Pedro Granate