The pharmacy team of Hospital da Luz network stands out for its technical competence, experience and dedication. All elements, sharing the values of the institution, are centred on patients and strongly committed to do better.
Hospital pharmacists are technically and scientifically highly-qualified professionals, integrating the multidisciplinary team of health professionals and contributing to obtain better therapeutic results and ensure patient safety.
Their main working áreas are:
- They are involved in the selection of medicines used in hospital
- They advise physicians and nurses on the best use of medicines
- They analyse and adapt therapeutics for in-patients
- They prepare sterile medicines using specific techniques and conditions
- They prepare adapted nutrition for new-borns
- They provide information on medicines to in-patients, namely parturient women
- They distribute medicines and provide information to out-patients